Thread: Sewing Studio
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 PM
lyndarva

Default Sewing Studio

I have moved into a new working studio upstairs (5 floors) from my older one. I kept the five large cabinets of fabrics in the downstairs studio, a relief to my husband. I left my Accu-Cut GrandMark Die Cutter and supplies downstairs.

The new studio has a closet that has hidden shelving, holds over ten sewing machines. I use a former dining room table as my cutting table, but it has layers on top of it. I have a very heavy drafting table top on top of the dining room, that enables me to move the surface around as I need without moving the table. On top of that is a large heavy-duty ironing pad as large as the table. On top of that I have two large green cutting mats that I have taped together in order to cover the table. I can fold the mat over or remove it if I want to press a large quilt on the ironing pad. I have a large container of yarn under the table along with other miscellaneous supplies.

I have the Tin Lizzie 18 sit down machine in the table it came with, a large desk unit with a Baby Lock Espire and a Baby Lock Quest Plus. I have a design wall behind the door. The open closet has several units of Iris Storage Drawers. I took the wheels off the drawers and I use heavy duty Velcro to attach the units on top of each other. I have used this for years without a problem. I label all drawers as to what is in them. I have at least one drawer for each color of thread. I have a lot of drawers for art quilting supplies and equipment. I have a separate Iris Storage Drawer unit under the Tin Lizzie that has fabric scraps separated by color.

I have a corner set aside for color pencil art, also used in designing quilts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297725[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297726[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297727[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297730[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297731[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297732[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297733[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1816.jpg   img_1804.jpg   img_1807.jpg   img_1810.jpg   img_1811.jpg  

img_1813.jpg   img_1814.jpg   img_1815.jpg   img_1862.jpg   img_1952.jpg