View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Celeste

We hope you all had a great Christmas! We took Emily to our parents for the day. A few days before I had taken three rolled rawhides, put a ribbon on them, then stuck them in among the branches of my parent's Christmas tree. It is a little three footer on top of a side table. I THOUGHT I put them out of the (Standard) Poodle's reach, but the next day, Dad told me how Eric (black color) came running into their room that morning with one of them in his mouth! Somebody was more than a little disappointed when his present got put back in the tree... but he was sidetracked with a ride to work and a visit with us and Emily.

My parents forgot my request to wait to give the rawhides to the poodles until Emily could get hers too, but put them back in the tree, and later when I handed them out, Brigit (chocolate color) was not in the least bit interested in hers, but keenly so on Emily's. (I knew it had to be hers because it still had a ribbon on it.) There was a bit of snatching and retrieving going on. I think Emily wound up with hers in the end. Dogs can be so much like little kids with their jealousies and such!