View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:05 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

ITA ... let her be part of the process. You're more likely to have her excited at the end, than disappointed. It's too costly for you, to not have her more than thrilled when you give it to her.

Why?
Colours ... your idea of barn red, may be a different red than what she thinks, etc.
Design ... ditto ... she mayhave a different concept of country, than you!
Commitment ... once she is part of the process, then it's harder for her to say, not what I wanted!

There are unlimited patterns out there that would look wonderful in my concept of those colours. I first think of a log cabin as it gives so many variations in the end placement of the blocks. Plus, it could be a great stash buster project! And you can go from there to so many intricate patterns.

If you want some surprise to it .... let her show you some quilts/patterns she likes, so you can get a sense of what she wants. Let her help pick out the fabrics, even if you don't tell her what pattern it'll be.

You may find that in the end, she is thinking of something totally different than where you are starting. Or that as she looks at the quilts with a serious eye, that she switches from country to something un-country!