View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Termi

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club quilt

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
It's one of those little progress bars that pop up on your screen to show you what percentage of the CD has been copied. I made a screen capture of it, but I can't figure out how to add an attachment. When you first drag the pattern folder from the CD to your Documents folder, the name of the patterns folder and the folder icon will be grayed out until the download is finished. If you don't know whether you're on a server, it means you're not. :-)

One more thing, in case you're not, you should be in the habit shutting down your computer every night. Your Mac's little digital brain does some important work when the computer is turned off. Be sure to turn off the computer completely and then restart it before you try the CD again.

Don't run the files directly off the CD. They won't work properly.

Merry Christmas.

Toni
Hi Toni, ok I did everything you said, shut down the computer for the night, waited a few minutes for the CD to load and I'm still having the same problem. I get a message saying the volume is not connected to a server and I should insert the CD. Here's what I do. I have my desktop screen up. I put in the CD. In about 30 seconds the CD icon appears on my desktop. I assume that means it's loaded? I know what a status bar is but one never appeared. Anyway I wait another couple minutes then drag the icon to my documents folder. I then eject the CD. Then I wait another couple minutes and I double click on the icon. The message about the volume then appears. Is it possible that some settings for safari are not right? Thanks, Termi