Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Ever have one of those days? I went to an auction a few weeks ago & I got a few machines. I've also gotten some from CL and the TS. I've looked at only a couple. I started with the dirtiest worst one - a Japanese Deluxe that really does need a manual and I haven't seen one yet. It has been cleaned but still has frozen knobs - I think I need to apply some heat. Then I thought I was buying a cabinet at the auction - Lo & behold there was a machine... it is a Singer Stylist all frozen up. So I thought, well, I'll open it up and see what there is. Out fell some plastic gears... I think that is now a parts machine - besides, I already sold the cabinet... Then I took a look at the Vindex I found on CL. It seems to be missing the stitch adjustment lever and there are parts dangling under where it should go so I wonder if that one is a parts machine, too. Then I found a Singer 66. silver decals in frightful condition. I can see why you would dis-assemble and soak in kerosene - this one is varnished pretty good on the bottom and innards. I cleaned the chrome some what - not the prettiest one I've ever seen... It is a back clamp and the foot is there. The wheel now turns freely - wonder of wonders. I should thread her up and see what she will do. Pretty sorry little machine. Then I opened up a little Spartan - pulled off the bad wires... then popped a hand crank on it - after a bit of tension adjusting she sews like a dream. I think she needs to be nailed to a table to hold her down.

In the middle I got a message from my youngest son - the new baby was in ICU - OMG - panic for me. Then he called back - the baby had gas... snicker - it is ssssssoooooooo much easier to have grand children...

Last edited by miriam; 12-26-2011 at 01:26 PM.