View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Camille

Default Fish & Bug Jar Quilts

My dd's friend recently passed away from cancer and left 2 young boys 6 & 8 yo. I'm in the process of making bug and fish jar quilts for my twin gs's. I had extra fabric, so I made these 2 boys lap quilts. I pulled 2 all nighters to finish the quilts and delivered them yesterday to dd's. They're not perfect, but they are straight, pic is wonky. I quilted them on my Bernina with the BSR and was not happy with the results. I have a Mega Quilter with a frame that is not set up yet. I wasn't able to make labels for them but I put a note in the box that read "when you need a hug, wrap yourself in this quilt". I don't know these boys, but these quilts were filled with tears while I was working on them. My dd is taking care of them while their Dad works during the day after school. The third pic is of the bug jar quilt for the twins that I had issues with finding more fabric for the sashing. I located the fabric in Oregon, but it was much darker. I had to bleach the fabric to lighten. Quilters will notice the difference in the color, but I'm hoping others think it is intentional.
Attached Thumbnails bug-jar-quilt-fish.jpg   bug-jar-quilts-bugs.jpg   bug-jar-quilt-unfinished.jpg