View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Wanabee Quiltin

I have always loved Christmas: the color red, the sounds of music and bells, the tree, the decorations, giving the gifts and of course the wonderful food. But this year I am just plain tired and ready for the season to be over. I had carpal tunnel surgery last Friday and will have it on the other wrist this coming Friday and it was worst than I thought it would be. I had a good time celebrating at 8 different functions, but it's over and I am already thinking of changes for next year. My husband said "Let's take a cruise !" to escape it, but I don't think so. I think you just have to plan ahead and that is exactly what I am going to do. I went out today and bought some lovely gifts 50% off and will store them. I think I will email my DD and DIL and tell them a date I have planned for our dinner and tell them to put it in their calendar. I have already told my 2 good friends that we will meet next year for the New Year instead of Christmas and they agreed. Will decide later about the church dinner, that was nice, the loud mouth kid was not. I am not going to go to 8 or more parties/dinner next year and of course, no surgery if possible. Life does throw us curves sometimes, we need to bend in order to not break. I am so glad Christmas is over, did I say that before ? Thanks you all for being here.