Old 12-26-2011, 05:17 PM
AshleyR

Thumbs up Wanted to share some things I'm excited about...

One: the quilt, afghan and wallhangings that I gave for gifts went over fabulously! Thank you all SOOOO much for inspiring me to try machine quilting. I never would have even considered it if it weren't for this wonderful forum! Two: I signed up for an online quilting class on craftsy.com. I'd rather take one in "real life" but this is great. I have so much to learn, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth! Three: since I'm becoming more comfortable with my sewing machine/s, I wanted to get a serger. I have been on the fence about it. I have no idea how to use one and other than repairing a seam in my husband's polo shirt, I don't know what I'd really use it for! But you know how ideas like that are: "I'd like a serger. But I probably wouldn't use it. Let's look on the internet and see how people use them! Oh, that's neat! I want one! Oh, it's hard to thread and lot of people don't use theirs. Well, I'll see if anyone has one on Craigslist. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS? Are you kidding me?!! How much is a new one? TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AT WALMART??! No, I certainly don't need one!"

A few weeks ago, my son spilled tea on his MacBook and wanted to use his Christmas money to get a "new" computer. We went to several places, and at the final place we went to, we found a "new to him" mac and they had 2 sergers behind glass. I saw the price of one of them was $99, so I asked what brand it is.. he told me it's a Toyota and it didn't come with a manual. The other one was a Singer and they were asking $70 for it. It didn't have a manual, but I was confidant I could find one online so I offered him $50 for it. HE ACCEPTED!! So now I have this serger that I'm not sure I need and I'm not sure I'll use it, but I saved $150 on it! http://www.amazon.com/SINGER-14SH654.../dp/B00005NWQR