View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 07:48 PM
lyndarva

One factor to consider in purchasing your machine is that you should have a local dealer who can service the machine and help you with parts, accessories, and have classes to teach you how to use it. If you have more than one dealer around, check around and see how satisfied people are with the service of the individual dealers. Go in and look around and ask to try different machines. Watch their attitudes. Ask questions. You will have a good idea if you want to buy from a dealer after this.

I have had all kinds of experiences with dealers and online. I have spent thousands of dollars with a dealer and that person won't acknowledge my presence -- it isn't me, I know others who have had the same problem. Yes, I purchased a machine from a dealer through E-Bay once, and the sale went well. However, at that time, there was no dealer for that brand in our area. Many dealers will not or do not want to service machines purchased online. Also, some companies forbid dealers from selling online and if you purchase from one, you may have trouble getting it serviced.