View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Havplenty

anna i would imagine if you have a washable glue there it will work just as good as elmer's. i use glue sticks from my local dollar store as long as it is washable and it works just fine. try your local washable glue on some fabric samples and see what type results you get. as for the tips, i know you can get tips at craft stores or you may be able to adapt something for your purpose. perhaps the cake decorating tips that are sold in grocery stores or i know some makeup applicators have fine tips. i would just take a look around a local store or maybe even your home to see what you can repurpose before you try to buy special applicators or glue. you will be surprised at the many things in our home or just ordinary everyday things quilters repurpose for quilting.

there are several threads on this board were quilters talk about the many everyday things that they repurpose for quilting. take a look at a couple of them and see if it helps you get some helpful ideas to repurpose things. good luck.

mary

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...g-t152963.html

Originally Posted by Anna from Oz View Post
I have been watching the Sharon Schamber video http://quiltinggallery.com/2008/05/1...s-school-glue/ She uses Elmers glue to do her bindings.

Is this available in Austrailia? Any Aussie quilters use anything similar?
I see where the label says washable all purpose glue on the Elmers bottle - I was wondering if the school glue we use out here would do the trick if Elmers isn't available here.
Years ago our school glue left a stain and it was impossible to wash it off the kids' clothes, but I noticed the glue in the schools now seems to be a wash out type.

Any clue where to get the metal tips Sharon uses here in Australia? I don't live anywhere near shops, I am very isolated, so have to do my buying online.
Thanks in advance,
Anna Australia