View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Grandma58

I might consider boards if I only had a bit of fabric but alas I don not want to spend all of my time wrapping it on boards. The 15" square spaces in the cubicles keeps it well contained and I have silky stuff, which tends to move around in the dark of night. Curtains could be very nice. I wouldn't do them because I want to see what I have. We are all different in the look we want in our studio. Even though I have had one for 20 some years in two different houses I am always incorporating new ideas to make it work better for me. I started the cubicles on one wall with my quilting fabric, then took them down another wall. I have two bakers racks, also black with adjustable shelves for containers of stuff like buttons, laces, dried flowers, etc and one for long pieces of fabric for quilt backs. I don't know about you and many of the others on here but I could use about twice as much space.
Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Grandma58, I do see your black wire fabric holders. They hold a lot of fabric for sure. I do have problems keeping my fabric from falling over in piles. I have gotten some of the boards to wrap fabric on and hope that will help that problem. I am a bit concerned over dust and light getting on my fabric so would have to put curtains over the wire racks. That would be okay though.