View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Havplenty

we as a society are prone to so much excess that often we don't even realize that we are doing it. i stop collecting many years ago and would rather spend my money collecting memories from trips i take, cruises with friends, packing up my car and visiting a friend who needs it and spending time meeting new and visiting old relatives.

my family and friends are the jewels of my life. it's been said friends are the family that we chose and i have some really wonderful friends both here in the u.s. and internationally. i cannot build memories with another new piece of fabric or another antique sewing machine or another bolt of warm & natural or another sewing notion or collecting quilty things that i may never get to use. that is just my perspective. my family and friends are loving the things that i have been making them. the quilts last, the potholders last (for a while at least), they loved the cookbooks i put together for them this year for christmas and the dresses i will be making my youngest niece. i have made double sided baby blankets & quilts for my great niece & nephew and my friends first grandbabies.

yep handmade is good, leaves a lasting impression and is so much better than consumerism and collecting we have become prone to. spend wisely in 2012. of course this is all my opinion and how i have chosen to live my life.

Last edited by Havplenty; 12-27-2011 at 09:51 AM.