Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 PM
chris_quilts

Default CL ads

Well for grins and giggles, I looked at CL today to see what bargains there were to be had. I found a "really neat old tredle" that needed some work and had sat since 1971. The seller said it was his granma's and just needed a new belt and oiling to get it running again - it was last used in 1970 he thought - but he wanted $150 for it. It was a Singer but so grimy couldn't tell much beyond that and I need to know what he was smoking so I could compare his drug of choice to the seller of the Minnesota A treadle that did come with a mighty nice cabinet but the asking price was $675. Most of the machines were extremely high priced today. One ad wanted $125 for a Singer with a curved lid (domed box) because the curved lids were so rare that the price alone was justified by that. The dome had a couple of holes and didn't lock but still it was rare so $125 is his asking price. What irritates me is the sellers who don't post pictures of the great looking machines that say they have. Okay, vent over!