Old 12-27-2011, 12:52 PM
romanojg

My youngest will be 23 tomorrow and she just moved out. On Christmas eve I called her boyfriend and told him just how important her stocking is to her and he'd better not ignore it. I told him some of the things he needed to put in and what kind of chocolate she wants. A couple of hours later she called me and asked me to call him to do the same thing because he was acting like it was no big deal. I told her that I already had called him. Then I went out shopping and got tons of things that she expected including chocolate for him. He had gotten her stuff but I also gave him my stuff to put in. Christmas she was so surprised because her stocking was over flowing. She thought it was all from Rob and I'm so fine with that as long as she's happy. This has been a rough yr for me and she's been my rock so anything that I can do to make her happy, I will. By the way, she snuck into my stocking on Christmas eve and filled it since this is the first yr that I live totally alone with her and her dad gone. She's great and I'm proud of the things that I instilled in her. I want my kids to be happy no matter how old they get.