Old 12-27-2011, 03:01 PM
MrsBoats

Default the Kenmore Call is strong-got another one

I picked up another Kenmore today, this time at CHKD, for $10. It's a Kenmore 10 (158.12511), and it's fairly clean, and runs.

It's got this weird thing on the bobbin though, and I can't decide if it came this was (although I really doubt it) or if this was someone's tinkering. It's a plastic ring, fits around the bobbin rim, and actually fits in the shuttle. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

There is no case, which is what makes me think this is someone's homebrew fix. It was threaded in the thrift store, and when I turned the wheel, it brought the thread up, so it works, or at least doesn't impede working. I haven't sewn with it yet, and won't until I'm sure this is A: supposed to be there, or B: not supposed to be there, and removed. Unless someone can tell me definitively that this is the way it's supposed to be, I'll find a bobbin case for it. Will a class 15 fit? The bobbins sort of look it. I found a manual for a 158.1252, which looks to be the upgrade from this one (and shows a bobbin case), so I'll start there. I'll likely hang on to this one until I run into someone who says "I wish I knew how to sew, but I don't have a sewing machine." I've already passed on the Dressmaker from my last Kenmore post.
Attached Thumbnails kenmore10.jpg   kenmorebobbin.jpg   kenmorebobbin02.jpg   kenmorebobbin03.jpg