Thread: At a loss..
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Fabriclovr

Default At a loss..

Hi Everyone,

New to the board, but not new to forums. Been quilting for over 30 years and think I am pretty good at it, but my daughter has thrown me for a loop this time.

Small background, my daughter is in the Navy as is her friend whom just had a baby girl. Her friend and hubby are into the great outdoors. She requested a baby quilt made out of Real Tree Camo fabric http://store.realtree.com/realtree-c...-the-yard.html from another person and does not like the way the quilt turned out, apparently it has too much pink in it and they don't want any pink in this quilt for this baby girl (wait, it gets better)

So my daughter pipes up and says "well, I havn't gotten you anything for the baby, what if I ask my mom to make you a baby quilt out of the camo fabric with no pink?" Ugg, I said ok, only because it's my daughter making the request.

This fabric is a bottom weight twill, not quilting cotton AND she also wants me to incorporate the bright ORANGE fabric which is ok, but no pink! (told you it would get better)

So anyway, that brings me to you. I have made a couple of quilts out of denim from new jeans and that was tough, but the fabric that I used with it, was the same weight. Now I have two different weights. I was going to do a log cabin and put a small pink square in the 'heart' as I think that will be acceptable, but on the other hand, it might stick out like a sore thumb and all you will see is pink dots all over this quilt.

Any suggestions as to what block you would suggest I attempt. I have two yards of both and they are both 60 inches wide.

Thanks for your help!
Susan