View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 AM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Hi Girls!
Although I'm not participating in the Christmas Dear Jane exchange (I am gearing up for January), I am so thoroughly enjoying reading all of your input. Your blocks are beautiful!
Klue -
When we start our Dear Jane in January, will we all be working on the same block at the same time? Will you be posting the patterns to paper piece the blocks (with the exception of applique which I'm going to have to learn)?
I am so excited about this group project, and thank you for all your work in doing it.
I just purchased the software from JoAnn's, and the rulers from Ebay.
Now I just have to decide on fabric!
yes, the idea is for everyone to kinda work on the same stuff together but there will be some people behind and some ahead and then some will just rearrange the work order just because it suits them better.

i'll be working 1 week ahead of the group that way i can post the method i used for that weeks blocks. if its paper piecing i'm going to show the number order of the pattern and then the finished product because there are many great paper piecing tutes (no need to make another).

then if someone did a different method then me i'm going to request that they post their method too.

then of course everyone will post their finished products so we can all drool over them.

the hope is to have threads going that can be turned into a complete full dear jane tute on the forum as a permanent record.

i'm starting to put together a schedule of blocks. the idea is 6 weeks on/1 week off to catch up.

the months will look something like this

Jan = easy blocks
Feb-May = a mix of all levels and all styles of blocks
Jun-Aug = easy blocks
Sept-Oct = a mix of all levels and all styles of blocks
Nov-Dec = easy blocks
Jan-April = finish up any remaining blocks, sew the top together, and quilt the sandwich.