View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:12 AM
kimbrennan

I was diagnosed with RA at 40 and by the time I was 45, doctors wanted to start giving me injections for the pain! No way was I starting these injections and having to live forever getting shots, and what happens when the shots don't work anymore...I did a little research and found an accupunturist in my area. OH HEAVEN!!!! I now only take aa Aleve once a day, if I wake up in pain...and make an appt with Dr Payne (yes, that is her name!). I visit her 4 or 5 times a year....and it is wonderful. I got her name from my chiropracter,,,and my DR said "give it a try"

I know, I know,,,all those needles....I usually have about 15 (she is also treating sinus problems), but I usually fall asleep while she is still inserting...very relaxing...the needles are smaller than a strand of hair! Please, at least look into it...I know people look at me weird when I tell them I use an acup, but at 50 something....I take NO meds on a regular basis...and LOTS of insurance companies cover it like chiro...including Blue Cross!!

Gotta go finish my latest...ALL HAND QUILTED Grandmas Flower Gardern....35 flowers with 20 hexagons!!!