View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 AM
AshleyR

I signed up for the FMQ too! Merry Christmas to me from me! I'd like to compare notes with others who are taking or have taken it, so PM me if you'd like to too. I figured since I don't make tops, I need to be able to quilt better so $20 investment is not bad. I've watched a few of the class/videos, but it hasn't wow'ed me yet. But I fell asleep twice (not because it was boring, but because I was just so darned sleepy) so I'm so glad I get to go back and watch everything again. I know there are videos for free on you tube, and I love most of them too. But I wanted something I could watch from rooter to tooter which is what a newbie like myself needs! I wanted it all in one, easy to access place. For specific things that can be shown in 10 minutes, You Tube might be the best. I fell in love with machine quilting when I accidently found Leah Day on You Tube and I watch the ones from Missouri Quilt all the time.
knlsmith, you have to be a member to see the sales price. I sent the link to my husband and he gulped and said, "If that's what you want" and I said, "Well, it's only $20, and it usually goes on sale for $25 or more" and he said, "Oh, it says $60" LOL! I don't have the flexibility to take a class at the shops, and I love the fact that I can ask questions and replay things as much as I want to for the rest of my life. I hope they come out with one for using a frame too.

Last edited by AshleyR; 12-28-2011 at 05:35 AM.