View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Ginny B

Smile Just had to share

My son's girlfriend has begun to get into sewing recently. She is actually a very creative person and makes jewelry, does some card making, had me show her how to knit/crochet, etc. Now that she has gotten into sewing, I am having so much fun getting her things that will make her experience easier. For Christmas I got her a rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler and she was thrilled! I get so excited when I can share my hobbies with someone. She says that she is working on something for me but it wasn't finished in time for Christmas. I'm so excited to see what she is creating - not just because she says it's for me but because I love seeing someone use their creative skills. Since I had 4 sons, I haven't experienced sharing my love of sewing and crafting in this way with the younger generation much. Don't get me wrong, my boys love what I make for them and all and are very supportive but it's not the same as experiencing it with someone else getting excited about the process. I'm loving it!