View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Bamagal

Red face I remembered why I took up quilting!

I took up quilting after my husband and I found several of his grandmothers quilts in the attic when his mother moved from her old house. They were beautiful, but clearly made for use, not show. Very heavy! I used to embroider a lot, and my DH hated it 'cause he said my head was always down and he would ask me a question and I would say "What?" So I asked him what if I took up quilting instead. He was all for it. Back when I started, they were teaching using the templates. I fell in love immediately. I loved cutting out the pieces in different fabrics then hand sewing them back together in a design. It was making a puzzle each time!!

Last night, I was working on a quilt for my DIL. I'm running out of the fabric I am using to make the quilt, so I was using small pieces. I remembered my templates for the Mexican Star! Pull them out, marked the fabric and cut them out. Then started piecing by hand. (DH is recovering from surgery, so I could do that and be with him too.) I suddenly remembered how much I enjoyed doing that! Takes time, but I have time, and it will be a good addition to my sampler quilt.

Do you remember what started you quilting?