View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 AM
QuilterMomma

well I dug out one of those UFOs I started on a BOM with the LQS and was astonished at myself. Why did I not finish it? I have the blocks done because you had to to get the next month's then I found that I had all the applique pieces cut out and ready to apply and the center already sewed down. Then I realized why I quit, I hit a snag on the borders. They want you to frame the outside borders then put your applique peices on, then sew to the center when done. Now there is no way i am going to do that. So last night I decided that I was going to finish this my way. I now have the borders sewn on the center, all the blocks assembled and now to do the applique. I have to remember how to do the vines for the applique. I may have changed this pattern if I was really wanting to add to it, but I do have my own longarm and quilting in the big 80" x 9.5 space will be a fun challenge. That is where the work will be. Hope to post a photo at the beginning of the new year when it is done. And yes, to get it completely done, I am going to sew the border down with my sewing machine. The only thing that may change this is if the quilting is so stunning that I have to put it in a show, then i will do by hand which may take me all of six months to do. (LOL)