View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 AM
LindaM49

My daughter was never interested in crafty things...or knitting, crocheting or sewing. Her speciality is cooking and baking. My son's X wife was into BUYING crafty things but not making them. His girlfriend doesn't have any hobbies or ambition to find one...lol. My 17 year old daughter is in Culinary Arts in high school and she is an excellent cook and baker. But...she also loves to sew and I had told her I would give her my present machine when I buy a new one. Now she's not sure since she said she doesn't know when she will have time to sew between school and working...we'll see. She wanted me to teach her how to knit...that didn't go very well. She was getting it here and then I sent her home with yarn and a pair of needles and she said she screwed it up. If she still wants to learn, I will show her again later. Right now she is getting ready to be in a cooking competition in Lancaster County...her teachers begged her to do it since they have said she's the best student they have ever had in Culinary. That sure was great to hear. It's a day long thing where she has to make a cake from scratch and then decorate it. I would love to see it but...no parents or grandparents allowed.