Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
jacquie

i'm glad you found the 'tut', i'm not really sure about batting, i just bought a thin one as advised by other ladies... i've heard wool batting is hard to hand quilt... we shall put it out there to the ladies and see what the majority think...

which is the best thin batting ladies???

well, the stitches are GONE!! woohooo!!! (carpal tunnel opp' last tuesday, stitches out today! at last!!)
although, i now have 'steri-strips' instead... i pulled my thumb the other day taking off my night-top and felt a 'pull' in the wound. not a painful pull, but enough to feel i had done something but i wasn't sure what... well, the 'top skin' has pulled apart a little, but it's healed underneath.
the surgeon cut along the skin fold line that runs around the base of the thumb. that must have been the 'pull' i felt. never mind, it will heal in time. it's nice to have rid of the stitches and all of the dressings though!
i asked the nurse about the physio that has been mentioned by a few different ladies... the doc's reply is that we don't deem it necessary here (in the uk) as it hasn't proved to be advantageous. so, i just have to take my time in healing, don't over do it, and be SENSIBLE. me, sensible? never!!??!! lol... i will of cause be very sensible where my hand is concerned. as i'd be 'gutted' if i lost the ability to sew!! i am a true believer of 'listening to my body', it will tell me, soon enough if it's not happy in any way! :c)

well i've rambled on enough now!!
thanks for listening to my 'jibber jabbering'!!!
take care all, love jacquie xxxxx