View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
JanieH

This is definitely not finger food but the best New Year's Eve Party I threw had a baked potato bar. My husband and I got small baking potatoes, washed them and wrapped them in aluminum foil. We did not put them all in the oven at once but staggered them about 20-30 minutes apart. Because they were small, they baked quickly.

Then we assembled toppings: butter, cheese, chives, broccoli, chopped barbecue beef and chicken, chili, etc., everything we could think of!

Then the fun began - people used paper bowls and fixed their own baked potatoes. Cutting the potato in half and sharing it with someone was encouraged; that way you could fix multiple "halves" with different toppings throughout the evening. The bowls worked great! Everyone said they really loved being able to pick and choose toppings and have more than one kind. Several people have used this for New Year's Day and Superbowl buffets.

Clean-up was a breeze since we used the paper bowls and the leftovers were handy for meals for us for the next several days.