Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Monica,

It was very interesting to see the different machines that can convert from lock stitch to chain stitch. Every one was different. My White Rotary used a special stitch plate and what looked very similar to it's regular hook and race. Your Standard used a cute looking "spider" and I think a special stitch plate. My Domestic VS used a spider and special stitch plate. Bernie's Singer 412 used a special threading pattern, a special thread guide and a special throat plate.

I wonder how many other machines can convert between lock stitch and chain stitch? i know that the Singer Touch and sews can also convert.

I'm glad that you have a good time at the TOGA.
OMG! I had a Touch and Sew (throw) for just a very short period. I don't recall it having an attachment for converting it to chain, but I do recall the instruction manual stating it could make a chain stitch. I was not in love with that machine. If an attachment was not required for making a chain stitch, I now wish I taken the time to see if it would produce a chain stitch. Doubt it though since it was a true Touch and Throw.