Old 12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by ctack2 View Post
I know I can do it, I've done it before - for 11 or 12 years, but the first week after the first I am going to quit smoking. I'm going to wait until I have 4 days in a row off work which I think will be the second week of January. My grandkids lost their other grandma last year to cancer and she never smoked a day in her life so my 7 year old keeps telling me she wants me to quit. What better reason than your little grandbaby asking you to please quit?

Anyway - I need to start some projects to keep my hands busy - thinking about applique so I can take it wherever I go, but I need fabric. I have some, but not much. Hubby been out of work for 2 years, so not much money flying around. I want to ask where you have found some REALLY GOOD sales this week. My mom sent me a little money for Christmas, and I think that would be the healthiest way to use it.

Wish me luck!

Carol B
i would check out the Joann's sales for New Year's Day...they used to have great sales on every big 'football' day, opening in my old location in san diego at 7 am!!! they always had 50% off ALL notions, good batting sales and tons of good fabric prices...i no longer live there and cannot take advantage of them any longer, but i would certainly check it out if i was you....

AND in addition, Fabric.com has a section that is called $1.99....everything in the entire section is the same price...sometimes not so much and sometimes i can hardly control myself...it is always the first place i check...then the same site, check 'Clearance.' it will have some great prices, as well.... next go to Marshall's Dry Goods...they have GREAT sales and WIDE fabric so i buy all my backs from them, and when on sale, i buy the wide stuff to piece with whenever the color is right...one yard is equal to 2 yards of normal width fabric, so a great buy....and then lastly (in my suggestions, not in quality)... Missouri Star and check their 'sale' items. All these sites and of course, others will have great ideas for you.... will have good prices, sometimes including free shipping, etc. I buy frequently from all three of these sites and it's a good idea to check with them when looking for good prices. They always send me an email when they are having a 'free shipping' weekend or other good sales... it only takes a minute to check and see if the current sale is good for me, then i shop if it is, and chuck it if it's not what i need.