Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM
irishrose

Thank you, crossstitcher. I was able to use the info on the picture site while my son was still here. That may not have been a good idea, 1) My computer won't load pictures transferred from the pre board changeover and 2) we saw a pristine Redeye and now he feels bad that mine is somewhat worn. I tried to tell him that the wear on the bed and around the bobbin winder only means she was well used and well loved and I am happy to have most of the upper decals in good shape. He got a price reduction because the machine the was to be present for someone who wanted it, not for my son to clean and resell. It seems Grandma sewed on it until just before she died at 85. Now to figure how to remove the layer of hardened grime without hurting the decals.

I have a Stylist 533 hanging out in an extra bedroom waiting for my GD to take it home. It sews very well, but clunks when it's asked to zigzag so it can be a straight stitch machine for the rest of its life.

Welcome, Mizkaki. You have been such a help to people here through others, it's nice to have you on board.

Last edited by irishrose; 12-28-2011 at 09:05 PM.