View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 AM
EagarBeez

I live in Eastern Arizona, hard to grow vegetables here. My DH and I even built a small green house using strong plastic to help against the winds. We did tire gardens last year. We used 8 truck tires. DH cut out the rims. There are a few places here that have horses. The one man up the street a little, let us help ourselves to manure he had, we mixed, tree bark, and soil. We grew 2 types of tomato,chard, romaine and butter crunch romaine. We had spinich, squash, green beans, 2 types of green pepper. We are planning on planting other beans for soups and such. We watered either just after the sun went down, or early morn. During monsoon season we didn't have to worry that much. We used some left over t bar fence posts and had some left over chain link fence for the tomato and cucks. Once a month, gave them a some miricle grow, mixed in a spray bottle with water. I start tomato and green peppers, in the house. I use paper cups, some soil, that has nutrients needed to start a good healthy plant. Can be purchased in home depot, lowes, local hardware. I use a folding table, a blanket picked up at a salvation army and put that on the table for warmth. I have a table lamp that I put on at night. I put the plants outdoors after the last frost. I put them on the porch during the day, and bring them in at night. This sets the plants to get used to being outdoors.

Last edited by EagarBeez; 12-29-2011 at 07:03 AM.