View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Quiltmaniac2010

Originally Posted by trif View Post
I purchased the leaders from grace company that Velcro onto the poles then you just pin your fabric to leaders, so much easier and straighter! If it's too costly you can make your own leaders and buy the stick on Velcro at home improvement store, much cheaper to purchase there than at craft store. You will be much happier!
This is what I did with my new Majestic Grace frame. I had a Grace GMQ Pro that I bought the fabric leaders for. My husband and I managed to get the tubing into the slots, using the tool it comes with, to attach the leaders. (with many choice words in the process!!) Once they are in, they stay in forever (unless you take the frame apart to change the size which I never did) You pin your fabrics to the cloth leaders. When I got my Majestic, the leader package I bought came with Velcro on the leaders and rolls of stick-on Velcro to place on the rails. This was so much easier!! I wonder if you "heated" the tubing a bit with a hairdryer if it would make it easier to push into the slot? Good luck! I have had to contact the Grace company a couple of times and have had great service from them.