View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
sallyquilts

Originally Posted by stichinluvr View Post
That is wonderful. Love the colors. Is this a stack and whack where you start with a square, cut it restack, cut again and do this several times? I made one several years ago. My daughter uses it as a table cloth outside. I made it with veggie and fruit fabrics.
No it's really not a stack and whack, althought I have never made one of those. i started with 20 FQs, cut a 12 1/2 inch square from each, then stacked 5 squares, right sides up and made 4 cuts, shuffled the pieces and sewed them back together starting with the last two pieces that were cut and working backward to piece number 1. I repeated this process untill all 20 of the squares were used up. i then squared everything up, and used the left over fabric to make the 2 1/2 inch sashing around the blocks. Any fabric left over at the end has been sewn togther to make sashing. As soon as i get it quilted and the binding on I'll post a picture again of it. Very simple, and very adaptable to any size square or quilt. I really like your idea of making this as a table cloth out of veggie fabrics. It would be very bright and colorful.