Old 12-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Pam B

I have a Viking Rose that my father-in-law gave me when my MIL passed away 2 years ago. The Rose is an older machine...maybe mid-nineties...definitely lacking in many ways. I do have a reader writer (purchased it in order to be able to transfer some embroidery designs from a package I purchased at the LQS). I find it to be very difficult to use...just does not *do* what I want it to do. It is fine for little designs on hand towels, however. To be honest, it has been at least a year since I used the machine so I cannot give you any advice. One of these days I will be trading it in on maybe a Ruby or Diamond. (Our youngest will graduate from college in May...and I cannot think of a better way to use the money we have been putting toward tuition payments!) I would suggest you locate a Viking dealer in your area. Any good dealer should be happy to assist you.

Oh...the reason I don't use it is because I just love my Lily for normal piecing of quilt tops and projects I do. I was really more interested in the beautiful Horn cabinet that came with the Rose!