View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
moonwork42029

I have received some truly ugly double knit quilts from my mom. But you know what...they are warm and really can't be destroyed! These are the ones that it's okay to make tents in the front room with or pallets on the floor for sleep overs - after 25+ years of abuse these quilts are still drug out of the closet and used for the grand daughters when they sleep over (again pallets on the floor). One of the other double knit quilts is stapled (yes I know..stapled) over a patio door that is never used and has drapes over the front of it. It provides insulation from the cold but isn't a true blockage if we had to use the door.

I guess I've never met a quilt that is so ugly it wasn't loved in some manner. The person that made the quilt made it for a reason -- whether it was for warmth or for beauty but it was made to be used and use it I will.

I have one quilt that is out of wool...itchy scratchy drab wool. But that sucker gets put into the a/c air return vent every winter and when I say "go get the vent quilt" there is no question which one to bring.

I never expect to receive a "pretty" quilt from anyone but I am always grateful for a "pretty pleased you thought of me" quilt.