Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
quiltjoey

Wow, what a history!

Originally Posted by Cosy View Post
In the 1700's, one of my ancestors was hung for stealing slaves: he was helping slaves get to Canada where the slaves would be freed.
Winston Churchill is my 6th cousin.
Lady Godiva is on my direct line, as is William Wallace of Scotland
My Greatgrand father owned the land Fort Douglas near Salt lake City is on.
My 4th greatgrandfather invented an odometer used in covered wagons.
Another 5th ggf walked across the plains to emigrate to Salt Lake City when he was 73. He came with his son's family that included 3 children under 4.

My mother in law lived in the back hills of Kentucky, they made moonshine, 3 girls shared 2 dress and 1 pair of shoes(they wore overalls and boots for everyday): really lived just like the stories of hillbillys. She and my father in law wrote letters to each other, and didn't actually meet until a week before the wedding. They were married for more than 50 years, until Mother died, he never remarried and died 5 years after her.

My parents met when Dad was dating Mom's roommate. Mom told her roommate to give it up, SHE wanted him! 35years later, (unbeknownst to me at the time) I married the roommates cousin!
My father in law was kidnapped by Pancho Villa, and lived with his army for several months. He thought it was a great adventure.

My ancestors and my husbands ancestors were on opposite sides of the Revolutionary War, and probably met on at least 2 battlefields. The same is true of the Civil War: both were at Gettysburg and Shiloh.
I could write books.