View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Judith1005

I'm going to try the fabric moratorium for this year. I'm awful. I already have so much fabric in my stash that goes with nothing else. Extremely annoying. (I'm very frustrated with myself.) So, I'm going to try to use up what I have by using lots of black, white, or dark blue to mix in with all the odd prints that go with nothing else.(scrappy) That being said...I will make my last purchase today. But, with a specific quilt in mind. And come January I'm really going to try to be creative with what I have. I'm only going to buy fabric if I absolutely have to, to finish the project at hand. No bulk buying. I already stocked up on batting. Which will last for a little while. So, I may very well need some of that. But, NOT until later in the year, depending on how fast I get WIP's finished.(I will piece as many backings as I can). (I'm a terrible compulsive collector. I fight with myself constantly. But, truly I hate clutter. I have one and only one Double size closet (not a walk in) dedicated to fabric and all quilting supplies. I do not allow it anywhere else which helps control the compulsion problem.)

So, my suggestion is to buy as needed for each project and have a couple projects on hand to work with and replenish as needed. And, I'm going to take my own advice. Good LucK! Happy Shopping! Happy Quilting!!