View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
crafterrn1

Well with all the talk of which EQ version to buy, I just had to speak up! First yes you can upgrade from EQ5 to 7. You need to call EQ and they will give you the price for the upgrade. Now remember that EQ upgrades are full versions of EQ products. They load a completely new EQ version on the computer. Yes EQ6 had only 4 installs per cd. That being said you could receive more by phoning EQ directly and speaking to Penny( an owner) and then be up and running. EQ 5 vs EQ7 two totally different programs. The buttons are in different places. They are named differently etc. The nice thing about EQ6 and 7 is the ease of use. What I mean is I feel that 6 and 7 are more intuitive. I find it easier to teach than EQ5 ever was. Yes EQ7 has many bells and whistles. If you ever wanted to do a memory quilt 7 is the way to go. Also EQ7 has to talk to the internet to verify that it is on the correct computers. It can be loaded on as many computers as you want. BUT only TWO computers can be active at any time.For example a laptop and a pc. Yes you can run EQ on a Mac if you run parallel ports. I am happy to answer any questions on EQ I am a happy user since EQ4 and also teach EQ.
Happy New Year Luann