View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 AM
whitepine

Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
KL and Whitepine, just curious, what do you mean " piecing like Carol Doak". Are you referring to the fact that she gives the size to cut each piece?

I too am giving a lot of thought to the fabrics. I really want to go scrappy, but it will all have to look good together at the end. I have so much stash that I don't really want to buy anything for this.
I was talking more about colors in my post but it's true, I have never precut the pieces like she does. I would just lay the pattern on a bigger piece and use what I needed. Like on the Buildings BOM, there were no two pieces the same. The "one piece at a time" takes a lot longer but may save some fabric. But her patterns have so many pieces the same size that it is really nice to have the pieces all cut. The stars go together really fast.

I would think scrappy will work on these stars. Maybe the same background to tie it together. IMHO Carol's examples are a little too busy with her patterned background. What do I know , I'm a newcomer to quilting.