Old 12-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

someone made a suggestion a while back to cut the edge pieces larger so that you are always sure you end up with a large enough block. The problem with this is - to cut only the edge sides longer because the triangle pieces still need to line up properly with adjoining block pieces. It is possible to cut backgrounds for applique blocks larger and then cut down, but pieced blocks become a little tricky [I dont want to confuse anyone... just thought of this when looking at points going to edges]

One suggestion I have when cutting and sewing especially pieces that will become points. To come up with a 1/4" seam allowance, I always lay down the 1/4" mark on my ruler a smidge past the sewing line [so I barely see it] and then make the cut with my rotary cutter. This gives me an extra few threads when I sew so that I am positive I have a full 1/4" allowance.

SuzieQ - I could swear you were on my list!! there are other Suzies but I know I have seen you a few times... I added you, Veronica, and thimblegeek

Gus