View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
tngal22

Default Newbie with a sewing machine question...

I was given a 1966 Singer sewing machine (in a table) to practice sewing with...and to see if I would even like sewing. I hadn't touched a machine in 20+ years. However, I am addicted. lol Since November, I have made bedding for baby bed, 4 baby blankets, a purse, my daughter a Christmas outfit, Christmas PJ's, notebook covers and a doggie pillow. My husband is wanting me to make a queen size quilt out of his Army uniforms. I have the design drawn out and most of the uniforms cut out...waiting on him to get me the rest. On to my question, since I am lovin' sewing and hope to learn more, I am debating on rather to buy a new machine. My budget isn't high so I can't afford the high end machines. I was looking at the Brother SQ9050 at Wal-Mart but I am not sure it would handle the big quilt of uniforms. So should I just keep using the 1966 Singer or do you recommend another machine that would be good for quilting and other sewing items? I do prefer to stay under $200 if possible. BUT if there is one higher, let me know and I can always save for one I guess. lol

Thanks in Advance!