Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
....Mary I hope that you will be able to play with us this month. Do you want me to send you some of my brain cells?

Other Mary it's not just you. I seem to be trimming my rulers also. It's heck on the blades also.

robyn i think my brain cells are hopeless at the moment. with the mad rush of christmas sewing over, i started on a christmas fabric strip twist quilt for my cousin in tacoma (she asked for one a yr ago), with all red, green & white prints. i had 48 four strip 8.5" blocks to cut, layer and then cut in half to sew back together. i have over 20+ different fabrics in these strips. i though i was putting the strip sets together correctly for the outcome i wanted(r,w,g,w or g,w,r,w) but it appears that i have the sequencing out of order(s/b r,w,r,w & g,w,g,w) so that when the half blocks are sewn together the red & green strips would be intersecting each other. i am looking at taking the remaining (uncut) 40 sub blocks apart to do over or moving forth and not really getting the look i wanted. good grief!!!!!!!!!! this was suppose to be a quick and simple quilt, now not so much.

as for my rulers, as i said i am missing chucks not nicks. and i think my rotary blades are much harder on my rulers than the chunked rulers are on my rotary blades. well the bright spot of this is at least those missing chunks of ruler are out of the way of any new rotary blades i use.

i'm gonna get it in gear but when is a crapshoot. a few board members are getting together to work on the new year's day mystery quilt on planet patchwork (merry mayhem). i got the fabrics picked out but with the way my brain is functioning now, i'm not sure what that final project is gonna look like when i'm done. here is the link if anyone is interested in joining us on new year's day. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t170717.html