View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 PM
T.

Yes, I agree. I have done that. I surprised a friend with a table runner that I had made, everyone who saw it raved about how beautiful it was. It was the prettiest one I had made at the time. The receiver was polite & also said it was beautiful, but the way she looked at it I knew she was thinking the same thing you were saying "but this doesn't fit in my decor...", although she also said "earth colors are my colors..." I realized it, so I helped her out by telling her that she can use it in any room that she wishes, to cover a dresser or whatever; and that it doesn't have to be in the dining room or living room. She called me later & told me that it's on top of her dresser, and it looks beautiful there (I don't know whether or not it really was or how long it's going to be there). You'd have to trust them with it.
I have made one for a niece, but I had her go with me to choose the fabrics herself. I also make the tissue covers for gifts. I just have them choose from the ones that I already made. It's very disappointing that the work you put into something is not appreciated.

Last edited by T.; 12-30-2011 at 09:53 PM.