View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
I don't know about dogs, but I have enough cat fur that my kids think I can use it for batting! ROFL My cats sleep with us every night and they do play 'pounce on the toes' but that is it, nothing that would harm a quilt other than to cover it in fur.

Gota love the little furry ones
I was browsing books in the craft section at Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up a book called something like Crafting with Cat Hair. I thought it was a joke until I opened it up and saw photos of how to "harvest" the hair for later use! YUK!

On another note, we have two dogs. The bigger one, a 55 lb. Puggle (half pug half beagle) thinks that every afghan and quilt is HIS. I made a scrappy quilt this summer to use on our porch and when I brought it in he claimed it. It is now folded up in his dog bed. The little one - half chihuahua half crazy-haired terrier - loves to burrow and finds her way under every quilt in the house. We love them, so that's that. The quilts get washed and vacuumed inbetween washings and they hold up just fine.