View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
Rising fabric prices are making me insane! I spend hours filling online shopping carts with sale fabric but then that little voice in my head starts pointing out that I have plenty of fabric I've never used and buying more would be wasteful. So, I let it go. Then I stop in at my lqs and am so horrified at $12 to $15 per yard fabric that I can't get back to my laptop fast enough! What's a quilter to do?! Most of my stash is half yard cuts of sale fabric that I love but I haven't done very well with actually using it. I can't imagine making a whole quilt with full price fabric! So, are y'all taking advantage of all the year end sales? Do you buy for stash, or buy for specific quilts? I feel like I need to go into fabric detox!
I am a scrappy quilter and I also run a swap, so when we do a particular color I buy one yard pieces, cut my strips and have 1/2 yard for myself and my smaller strips. I love the pillowcases and buy 2 yds for them online. I can't pay retail unless it knocks me off my feet. The places like thousands of bolts and hancocks paducah have such good prices. There's free shipping at hancocks if you buy over $200 so I've made a few of those recently. I absolutely have loads of fabric, but I use it. I figure each buy equates to one appointment at the shrinks!! lol It really is theurapuedic (sp?) for me. I don't smoke or go to bars. I just buy fabric.