View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
SInce I am new to quilting I don't have a large stash. That being said I would like one a little larger then what I have now, but I hate buying things that are on sale just b/c they are on sale with no clear picture as to what I would actually use it for. All I see is dollar signs floating over my small stash of fabrics I have bought and not yet used. I have a cart full of fabrics at CT with some batting, definitely getting the batting but now sure about the fabric.
When I first decided to take up quilting I bought up bits and pieces without having the faintest idea what they would grow up to be. Many of them are still folded neatly (by color) in my plastic drawer files, but once in a while the oddest one will be just what is needed. I tend to be motivated by pictures of quilts I want to emulate, and often make them up in not-dissimilar colors to the photo -- I'm not an "original" person, methinks. What I spent too much money on was quilting books! So long as you don't spend a lot per fabric piece it seems like a pretty harmless thing to me...