Old 12-31-2011, 01:12 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I sure did. I made DS and DDIL a patchwork tree skirt with asst. squares on one side and an old world type Santa fabric on the reverse side, plus 3 stockings one for my son, my DIL and last but not least my darling grandaughter Zoe who is 19 months - boy was Christmas fun with here. I also made them an extra long tablerunner with Insul-Brite plus another layer of Warm & Natural to use on their buffet type so the coffee pot won't scorch their buffet top. In addition, I made 4matching placemats. I made a set of 4 placemats for DDIL's parents and I received a wonderful basket from them with home made strawberry rhubarb jam, blueberry jam, zucchini relish and pickled zucchini and summer squash. She made me scrubbies crochet with netting, they do a great job on dishes, plus 2 crocheted dish cloths and a dish cloth. Very thoughtful and very delicious. I also made 6 batches of fudge in various flavors, although I realize that doesn't come under the heading of anything sew/quilt gifts. I made two baby quilts for my daughter to give to friends who recently had babies, and when I can nail her down on what she wants in her kitchen, I will make her a couple sets of placemats, she already has 7 or 8 that I have made her. Now I'm going to make some placemats for me for Christmas, after all that hard work I thought I should get some kind of reward. Then I'm going to work on finishing all the other projects I had planed for this Christmas and maybe get a head start on next Christmas. Happy Holidays and Happy quilting to all.