Thread: Project List
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by ksdot417 View Post
Does anyone else make lists of projects they want to finish? Last year, with the help of my quilty buddies, I made a list of the top 10 sewing related things I wanted to accomplish. Of the 10 items on the list one quilt is ready for quilting and another has 2 borders and then it will be ready for quilting. Everything else was finished. In my defense though, I couldn't sew much for 4 months while our house was torn apart.

This year I have already put together a list of my awaiting projects and a few ongoing things (sewing room organization, there's really no end to it). I have found that having a list of things on a dry erase board helps keep me focused on what I want to get finished. And the feeling of satisfaction is wonderful when you get to check something off the list.
I lost a lot of sewing time last year and this year (it's still this year for an other 6.5 hours!) due to moving. What a pain!! Anyway, since I have a nice big, mostly organized sewing room now I sorted the most pressing UFOs into the Art Bins and ordered them in from soonest to latest deadlines. Even after doing that I've shuffled them a couple of times because oldest DGD joined the Air Force and won't need hers for at least 6 months and then friends of ours finally had a baby so a baby quilt goes to the top of the pile.