View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:40 PM
mirabelle

Originally Posted by Brenda M View Post
Both of your quilts are absolutely beautiful!! Im just learning to use my embroidery machine as well as learning To quilt on my domestic machine, so both of the quilts have intriqued me to keep learning. Im curious about your quilting...do you use a pattern, how do you apply pattern if used and do you have any good ideas for a newbie to all this?
Any advise would be appreciated!
Hi Brenda M
I have only had my new embroidery machine for 6 months so still learning but I have joined an embroidery group and sew with them every 2 weeks (I have to drive 60 miles but it is so worth it)
My husband works away from home 1 week on 1 week off and I don't sleep very well when he is not here so spend a lot of time on the computer late at night watching youtube videos on machine quilting. I just search machine quilting and you will be amazed at what you can find. I tend not to mark a design but spend a lot of time doodling on paper.
The best advice I can give is practice, practice and practice some more and don't be too harsh on yourself. A friend once asked me why I make so many table runners and cushion covers and I told them they were small and I could practice my quilting on them