Old 12-31-2011, 07:12 PM
donac

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
I have been on a fabric diet since August 13, 2011. That was the day I learned that my dearest friend and fellow quilter, suffering from brain cancer, had willed me her stash. She kept this stash in a separate building from her home, NOT at all organized. Julia died 12/7/2011. Between August and her death she asked me to bring some of her fabric, UFOs and tops to her so we could talk about them and she could tell me what she had planned for the fabric. I had to reorganize my own stash to make room for hers and at last count, I have 22 "kits" put together, fabric and pattern, and in excess of 380 yards of fabric. I hereby vow not to purchase any fabric unless needed for a backing or for a VERY SPECIAL quilt, like the Boston Bruins quilt my grandson just asked for, until I have half of those kits completed. As for sugar, no way.........

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. This last month I have heard about 5 people I know either have cancer or a relative has cancer. It has gotten me very down this holiday season.