View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
I was getting ready to sign up for the Civiil War Journal BOM thru Homestead Hearth and realized that when all was said and done the Quilt would cost me over $509.00 not including the backing for the quilt.

I take at least 2 Quilt classes a month, and between fabric, pattern and class fees I am now where close to paying over $500.00 for each quilt. Is there something I am missing to this BOM Club. I am assuming the fabric is precut, and ready to sew so other then that what else is there??
you hobby can be quilting or it can be taking classes... think of the fabric palette you could have with $500....and that's just one quilt! maybe it's time you spent your energies on your own work rather than reproducing someone else's..... and i only say that as you have raised the question so you must be re-evaluating things yourself..... it's your time and energy and money, and you should spend all three the way you personally enjoy...it sounds to me as if you're questioning the way it has been going...