View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:12 PM
pinkberrykay

Thanks for your thoughts. I am a new quilter, a little over 2 months. So I am taking classes to learn as much as possible. I love the atmosphere in my LQS so I think thats why I like to take so many classes there. I have completed 2 quilts that I picked out the fabrics for and just learned how to do the pattern from a teacher and pattern. I have completely finished 3 kid sized quilts, 2 of which where blocks that I got off the internet and then put together with sashing and boarders etc.

I was more shocked at the TOTAL price the BOM quilt turned out to be.

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
you hobby can be quilting or it can be taking classes... think of the fabric palette you could have with $500....and that's just one quilt! maybe it's time you spent your energies on your own work rather than reproducing someone else's..... and i only say that as you have raised the question so you must be re-evaluating things yourself..... it's your time and energy and money, and you should spend all three the way you personally enjoy...it sounds to me as if you're questioning the way it has been going...